06 June 2007

Clobbering the sky with my fists until the air begs for mercy!

I've been perusing Google Earth for photographs of the area I live in, as well as places I've been before. It's especially pathetic that the Dallas area has so few good photographs detailing the natural beauty of the pollution-riddled urban sprawl. I'm thinking perhaps I should take it upon myself to submit photos to Panoramio so they'll show up in Google Earth. Users across the globe want to know that Plano Texas is a great place to live! They want to be enthralled with the scenic tranquility, the pastoral beauty, the concrete sea!

If you want to know the extent of the ridiculous lack of culture in Dallas as portrayed by Google Earth, then Google-Earth "Dallas, Texas" and browse around for photographs. You'll find a whole lot of pictures of where Kennedy was shot and some other pictures that make the downtown area look interesting. If you pan out beyond that there are things like "Phil's House" out in Fort Worth and "Creek 2" in Plano. I knew Dallas/Fort Worth lacked color but I never expected THIS. There are certainly more than enough places worth photographing around here so I am genuinely shocked that my living environment is being portrayed to the world in such a poor fashion. Something must be done and I'm willing to contribute to that goal! Plano (where I live) is nicer than much of the rest of the metroplex, but it's also definitely a large suburb of another suburb of another suburb of Dallas proper.

The Good:


The Bad, the Ugly (all from Fort Worth, not coincidentally):

A piece of advice: don't ever, EVER go to Bedford unless you're en route to another place. It will be time you can never get back, son!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Traaaaaaaaacy, this is your conscience! updaaaaaate your bloooooooog!*