13 December 2006

ZICAMERA FOR CHRISTMAS

I'm sick.

Shane is right: everyone forgets how crappy it is to be sick until one is sick again. The good news is that the Zicam stuff is definitely working. My cold has progressed through its usual stages in an unprecedented amount of time. Somehow that wording isn't working in my brain but I'm sick so we'll let it slide, right?

So, let's see.
Sick? Check.
Zicam? Check.
Using an entire roll of toilet paper in 24 hours time simply by blowing my nose? Check.
Having dizzy spells from blowing my nose so much? Check.

You know, now it occurs to me that I haven't had this kind of nasty-brutal-cold since I was in Russia nearly two years ago. I remember blowing my nose in the bathroom of the Frankfurt airport on the way home and my ear popped, causing me to become spinningly dizzy for about 2 minutes. I remember thinking, "I'm going to be dizzy forever. I'm going to die being dizzy. Woo!" Fortunately my body got itself together and I was fine. But the same thing happened again once we were home and I was saying goodbye to some people. I gave them a hug and my ear popped at the same time and I had to grab onto the side of my dad's truck to keep from falling over. I must have been convincing because the people didn't ever notice anything weird going on.

Conclusion: Don't ever get sick. And don't ever, EVER get sick in Russia.

I salute you, toilet paper roll. Thanks for getting me through this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A handkerchief is less harsh on the nose...get well soon, Tracy.